Balkan Finance Investment Group, BALFIN Group, is one of the most significant and successful investment groups in the Western Balkans region. Geographically, BALFIN Group is present in Austria, Albania, Kosovo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, North Macedonia, Montenegro and the Netherlands, employing approximately 6,000 people. The activities of the BALFIN Group comprise the development and management of real estate, retail, mining industry, banking, tourism, energy, logistics, etc. BALFIN Group is growing steadily, having a positive impact on the communities through economic development, employment opportunities, innovation and social investment.
TIRANA BANK, one of the leading banks in Albania and member of BALFIN Group, is seeking to welcome a qualified candidate to join our Compliance Department in the following position:
Overall Job Definition
The AML Risk Monitoring Officer shall be responsible for transaction monitoring and alerts investigations. Performs analysis on system generated alerts in regards to potentially suspicious activity as it may relate to money laundering, terrorist financing, etc.
- Provides information and clarification to employees in regards to issues concerning the application of KYC rules and AML procedures related to the management of CFT alerts
- Provides opinions upon request from Payment Unit and/or branches, related to the management of CFT alerts
- Manages assigned tasks related to drafting case investigations and prepares the Suspicious Activity Reports (SARs)
- Conducts permanent controls as assigned and submits them within the defined deadline; The reports include, but not limited to: Screening and Monitoring system activity, quality and quantity of the alerts processed, and other reports that might be implemented eventually as per Unit’s approved permanent controls and will be assigned to this position
- Uses strong investigative/analytical skills and formulates clearly a supportable rationale to support the decision taking of “alerts” related to AML and CFT scenarios
- Follows up the categorization of high risk customers in the risk classification & monitoring system of the bank
- Provides timely and valid provisions of the necessary data for the compilation of regular and extraordinary reports and mandatory data to submitted in regards to the management of AML/CFT alerts
- Proposes suspicious activity reports for transactions or clients identified from the daily monitoring and analysis to AML Unit Head and Compliance Manager
- Participates in projects of the Compliance Department as required
- Responsible for data storing and document archiving of the processes that fall under his/her responsibility
- Operates to the very highest levels of integrity at all times
Competencies / Skills:
- University degree in economy/law or other related fields
- Previous experience in banking sector is mandatory. Previous experience related to AML/CFT area or other controlling functions is preferable
- Very good analytical and investigation skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Good collaboration skills
- High level of professional ethics
The interested candidates can send their CV until November 30h, 2021 at the link
Please note that only applicants, who fulfil the above-mentioned criteria, will be contacted.
Your personal data, which are sent voluntary as a response to this job vacancy announcement, are collected and processed, manually and/or electronically, by Tirana Bank SA, in order to evaluate your compatibility with this job vacancy, are accessed only by authorized persons of the Bank and will be stored until the finalization of the candidate selection process. The subjects of personal data can exercise their rights as provided by Law No. 9887, dated on 10/03/2008 “For the Personal Data Protection”, amended, at Tirana Bank SA, as well as at the Commissioner for the Right of Information and Protection of Personal Data.